Thursday, July 30, 2020

Initial design meeting

Had a GoToMeeting on Wed., 07/29, with Brent Cooper, who seems to be head of sales for Riverbend Timber Framing, and Troy Stokes, the designer building out the plan for the Vashon house. The meeting lasted about an hour and a half.

I'd settled on a 1,450 SF model with one bedroom, one bath. My one reservation was that I'd like it to have a gym/office, but I was OK with it just having the one bedroom. Troy introduced the proposal to make it a three bedroom, two bath home. The biggest argument, as I understood it, that that would make the property more desirable if I were to sell it, which I don't plan to do.

After the meeting, Troy sent me a screen print of the updated draft design. It's increased from one bedroom, one bath, to three bedrooms, two baths. It looks nice, but it comes out at about 1,600 square feet. See below.


This would drive the estimated cost to just about $600K, which is my self-imposed budget for the project. Unfortunately, that estimate only includes construction of the house. It doesn't include things like clearing the property, putting in a septic system, or installing a backup generator. Here are those estimated costs.


So...I need to keep that in mind. Continuing to cogitate over this. Riverbend's estimate:


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment