Tuesday, August 14, 2018

In the beginning...





Where to start? In December, 2017, I bought 2.25 acres on Vashon Island, near Seattle. Since then, I've been engaged in preparation to build a home there. The property's completely unimproved, but there are homes on neighboring lots. A home would require a septic tank and well, so the first step was to look into getting those.

Turns out there's a restriction on drilling wells on Vashon; minimum lot size to solicit permission for a well is 5 acres unless the parcel was carved out before a certain date - May 1, 1973, I think. The property was held in its unimproved state by a woman who bought it in the early 1970s, so I met that criterion.

I've engaged an engineer and he's currently investigating feasibility of drilling a well and installing a septic tank.




Visiting in November, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment