Saturday, August 25, 2018

Rough planning

I'm starting to do some rough planning about costs of construction and am getting anxious. I really need to talk with...who? An architect? A contractor? I need a better idea of what it will cost me to build. If it costs another $400K to get a house in place - a figure that's not unthinkable, given that the well alone will be close to $30K - I will be living pretty close to the edge of my budget. Maybe a smaller place? Don't know that I'd be suited for a micro place, but the idea of someplace maybe 1,200 SF would be OK. Must-haves include master bedroom, utility room for washer/dryer and possibly a separate room as a mudroom or access to outside from the utility room. Decking is not necessary, a second master bedroom is not necessary...a smallish dining area blended in with the living room would be good. An interesting roofline is a plus. I think I need to look around a bit more, rather than just jumping to the design I'd picked out originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment