Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August, 2020 update

Got several updates here. First, I contacted a septic system guy; sounds like the septic system will cost WAY more than I'd originally estimated; it's up from something like $14K to $40K. This guy's local, so I'm trusting his numbers more than some national estimation site. Second, I added fencing to the list of costs. I was thinking of stainless steel, but I couldn't find a quick source to estimate that cost, so I'm going with 6' chain link - 400 linear feet. I That'll create a 100 S/F box.

 

 

Next, I've started refinancing the Landana loan. I last refinanced only seven months ago - in February, 2020, but rates have gone down. I can drop the rate from 3.5% to 2.5% and pay off the loan 32 months faster - at a savings of almost $100K.

 

 

Finally, investments have changed. This is the huge unknown (other than home costs). I'm now up to a net worth of $3 million.

 

 

 

It's really hard to estimate the value of the property after everything is done. This is a very conservative estimate of $700K.

 

 

 

My projected 'safe' annualized withdrawal amount has increased correspondingly.

 

 

 

Oh - and here's some info on nearby properties. First, here are the lots. I'm #9052, highlighted in yellow.



And the neighbors.

 

 

 

So - those are the updates for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment