Well, I chugged along through the application process with JG Wentworth, but I got cold feet at the last minute - literally - because I felt they were giving me the runaround. Kind of screwing me on points and rate. It looked like I could do better with AimLoan, my current lender, so I just stopped everything with JG Wentworth and started anew with AimLoan. Honestly, AimLoan's been a bit more of a pain to deal with. They wanted evidence from Vanguard that I was actually doing distributions from my IRA - memo posts into my checking account were not sufficient. Also, they required my original award letter from the Social Security Administration indicating that I was disabled and thus eligible to make early withdrawals from my retirement funds. Finally, they're requesting evidence from Vanguard that I'm eligible to make the withdrawals without penalty. I don't know how Vanguard would know that, but I've asked if they can accommodate the request.
What's more, I made an unpleasant discovery while working on my 2018 taxes. The government now wants to know if you've done a cash-out refinance, which is exactly what I'm executing now. Apparently people were doing those, then using the tax-deductible interest to pay off their credit cards, so with the recently-approved tax regulations, they tightened the rules. Sounds like you can still deduct the interest if you're making improvements to your primary residence, and I'm construing that to mean that the interest is deductible if you're building what may become your primary residence.
Other than that, things are fairly quiet. I need to check in with Rocky Anderson in Tacoma and see how the activities he's overseeing are coming along. According to him, the process should be complete pretty soon, which would be great. I've decided that once I have conditional approval from the County to proceed (assuming I get that), I will sit down with a designer, throw my financial cards on the table, and see what we can do. I'm hoping that doesn't require a trip to Vashon, but it might. Jeez Louise.
Also - Toby's been a real handful lately, as has my newest addition, Sugarplum. Toby's been refusing to get into the truck, which would make a trip to Vashon next to impossible. He balks, growls, and is genuinely scary. Sugarplum, on the other hand, has completely conditional hearing - if there's something interesting going on in front of her nose, she completely ignores me. What's more, she's been urinating in the house on a fairly regular basis, which would make a trip to Vashon with her likewise challenging. I'll have to think this one over and see if I can come up with a plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment